Wednesday 27 March 2013

Tall Star Style: Miranda Kerr 5ft 9

Miranda Kerr rocking her Victoria's Secret Catwalk angel wings
Mrs. Orlando 'Legolas' Bloom AKA Miranda Kerr.  Victoria's Secret catwalk queen, magazine cover girl, mum, business woman, organic skincare maker... Miranda has a great body.  I think she looks healthy- not gaunt, but toned and healthy.  She treats her body with lots of respect- feeding it a balanced diet of containing all the needed vitamins, minerals and nutrients.  At 29 she looks glowing and her post-baby body seems to show no signs of her motherhood.  As someone who started a blog primarily about bad skin problems and how to fix them, I have been following Miranda as a skincare and health inspiration- so it seems only natural that I should feature her on my fashion blog about style!


Miranda is currently on the cover of Australian Vogue.
Photo credit Daily Mail
Miranda always seems to dress simply.  One or two clean tailored pieces and normally a killer pair of heels.  I'm not sure if it is due to the fact she is in hot places (Australia, LA, Mexico...) but I think I'd need to wear a few more layers in the UK!  She seems to get away with small fitted jackets and tight figure hugging shorts, leggings or trousers.

Photo credit to Glamour.com






When it comes to dressing up, Miranda is a big fan of floaty feminine dresses.  She seems to favour vintage Hollywood inspired dresses and states Audrey Hepburn as one of her style icons (who wouldn't?).  Of course these are teamed with another pair of killer heels.

Credit to Just Jared
I love this aqua maxi dress with puffed shoulders.  Very vintage siren!

Audrey Hepburn inspired


When it comes to dressing down, Miranda still looks as glam as anything.  She can carry off bold prints and distressed shorts (again with killer heels)....

 Or a simple t shirt with minimal makeup......

Simple over-sized t shirt and a gold geometric necklace


 Just to prove she wears flats sometimes, here she is in some very office-esque flat ballet pumps, in leopard print.  I found some similar ones on ebay at a very affordable price link!

Style

All in all, I'd say Miranda's style is effortless.  She makes dressing look easy.  Simple lines, great tailoring.  I'd say her posture helps- she always stands straight and has a great relaxed smile.  Inner assurance and confidence make a great canvas for anything.  She doesn't over clutter a look with many pieces of jewellery or accessories- just one or two choice pieces.  Mostly she seems to wear stud earring or bare ears instead of statement pieces in the day.  Necklaces are dainty or absent.  I think she favours a watch and sunglasses (sunglasses are an MK style essential to remain wrinkle free for as long as possible in sunny Australia)!

Miranda standing TALL (and proud!)


Miranda has been quoted as saying Net-a-Porter is her favourite place to shop because she travels so much and online is easier.  N-a-P do have some lovely pieces AND great sales- but if it is still a little pricey then I can really recommend the OUTNET for similar items but at much reduced prices.

Shoes
I'd recommend looking at shops like Dune (currently 50% off) or Kurt Geiger (also 50% off!) if you are on a budget.  For nude ones Dorothy Perkins did have some reasonable nude platforms (£29.50 normally but currently £23.60 with 20% off).  If you are not on a budget then head to Selfridges, Net-a-porter, the OUTNET or Harrods!  The world is your oyster!


I can't really afford Miranda's recent addition of an Alexander McQueen orange Heroine bag at £1745 but I did find a similar one on ebay for a much more affordable £11.99.  Not quite a McQueen.. but as Miranda says, fashion is about knowing how to wear things, not spending lots of money.
Bag from Ebay
What do you think of Miranda's style?  Are you inspired by her effortless looks or healthy living?  Do you wear minimal jewellery or is Miranda's take a little 'too' minimal?

Stand Tall x

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could be closer to her skinny look lol. I like her too, she seems humble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! She has an amazing figure- though lots of the VS models work really hard to stay toned and slim :)

      Delete
  2. After checking out a number of the blog
    articles on your blog, I really like your way of blogging.

    I saved as a favorite it to my bookmark website list and
    will be checking back in the near future. Take a look at my
    website too and let me know what you think.

    Here is my blog; highstreetmile.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's way too pretty and has an enviable figure. I'm 5'10" too but no way could I pull off her look. I love her clothing styles, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read all of them and will do my best to reply.