Monday 29 September 2014

Style: Flats are back!

Alice Temperley blends ethereal style with white plimsolls
On the recent catwalk during SS15 (spring summer 2015) shows a trend has emerged for flat shoes.  I don't deny that heels can look really pretty, slimming, lengthening and help you see over the crowds BUT heels can also be incredibly painful, damaging to the body and completely impractical at times! Hopefully the recent catwalks have shown that flat shoes can be cool- fashionable, styling AND comfy!
DKNY Prom dress with trainers, but still feminine

 I'll be interesting to see how this trend manifests next spring, from plimsoll trainers with prom dresses to masculine brogues with floaty florals.  I am pleased at the prospect that there may be more choices of flat footwear available on the high street next spring- a welcome change to 5 or 6 inch stiletto platforms (which I rarely wear).
Karen Walker Brogues and Florals
 Of course, designers will always try to do something just a little different.  Victoria Beckham offered these flat shoes with a pointy toe.  They look great on this model but as white makes your feet look bigger, I am not sure I could get away with these shoes.  They sort of look like turtle or fish fins to me... maybe I could wear them in the water?  If I see them in person I will take a close up photo for you all!

Victoria Beckham does pointy flats.

It is not just shoes and trainers that come with the catwalk stamp.  BCBGMAZAZRIA teamed this light and airy cream ensemble with flat sandals.  I think we will be seeing quite a few thick banded sandals too.  Comfy for walking to work, tight enough to stay on but also stylish with formal wear.  




Flat Sandals with trousers!
I'm not one to copy the catwalk directly, but I can feel that my feet are pleased that they may have a bit more choice next spring!

Are flats a yes or no for you?  Do you find styling flats with work wear easy or difficult?

Stand Tall x
P.s. Don't forget my £40 House of Fraser Giveaway! (Link)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read all of them and will do my best to reply.